Sunday, June 13, 2010

Simple Past Example

Yesterday
I _____ ____(get up) at 7:30 a.m. Then ________(take) a shower. Afterwards I ______ _____(put on) my clothes and ________(go) to breakfast. I _________(eat) cereal, toast, and eggs. I ______(drink) a glass of milk too. Then I __________(study) for half an hour. I __________(leave) the house at 8:45 and ________(meet) my friend at the corner. We ___________(walk) to school together and ___________(talk) about different things. We __________(arrive) there at 8:58. We ________(run) to the classroom quickly and ______________(wait) for the teacher. All of the students _________(laugh) and _________(tell) jokes until nine o’clock. The teacher ___________(come) at nine and _________(shut) the door. Then the students ______________(become) very quiet.
First the teacher __________(ask) questions about the assignment. Later he ___________( talk) about the new lesson and _____________(teach) the students new words. They __________(listen) to him carefully. Then they_____________(practice) the new words. At the end of the hour, he ______________(give) the assignment for the next day.
I _____________(attend) my other classes between ten o’clock and noon. I ____________(have) my lunch at the cafeteria with John. We _____________ (work) at the library in the afternoon. I _____________(return) home at 4:40. Then I ____________(take) care of many little things around the house. After dinner, I ______________(watch) television for an hour. Then I __________(spend) two hours on my lessons for the next day.

Want to know how well you did?

Yesterday
I got up at 7:30 a.m. Then took a shower. Afterwards I put on my clothes and went to breakfast. I ate cereal, toast, and eggs. I drank a glass of milk too. Then I studied for half an hour. I left the house at 8:45 and met my friend at the corner. We walked to school together and talked about different things. We arrived there at 8:58. We ran to the classroom quickly and waited for the teacher. All of the students laughed and told jokes until nine o’clock. The teacher came at nine and shut the door. Then the students became very quiet.
First the teacher asked questions about the assignment. Later he talked about the new lesson and taught the students new words. They listened to him carefully. Then they practiced the new words. At the end of the hour, he gave the assignment for the next day.
I attended my other classes between ten o’clock and noon. I had my lunch at the cafeteria with John. We worked at the library in the afternoon. I returned home at 4:40. Then I took care of many little things around the house. After dinner, I watched television for an hour. Then I spent two hours on my lessons for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment